Discover more from \_ooFWIRED -- hosted by Mark Changizi
Sociopolitical level evil isn't intuitively natural
Six recent videos on understanding culpability at the societal level
I did six recent videos on understanding evil in the context of sociopolitical movements. It's not like evil at the everyday criminal level with which we're more familiar. It's much MUCH more dangerous. That's the beast we're dealing with.
(1) Sociopolitical level evil is well-intentioned, and that's no defense.
(2) They're not mustache-twiddling. They're the sickly sweet style of evil not in Dungeons & Dragons.
(3) Well-intentioned evil is much more dangerous than regular everyday life criminal evil.
(4) What makes them evil is not that they believe in your good, but choose to something else. They're evil because they have the wrong notion of the good.
(5) So, when DO good intentions matter?
(6) If you mistakenly believe that evil-doers must always have bad intentions, you yourself are ripe for evil.