Discover more from \_ooFWIRED -- hosted by Mark Changizi
No, this is not symmetrical
My mass delusion looks a lot like normalcy
THEM: No, *you’re* in a mass delusion!
ME: So, my delusion led me to have the crazy ideas that
- colds are seasonal
- natural immunity exists
- economies can’t be frozen
- cost-benefit analyses are important
- healthy people aren’t a threat to society
- covering over a human face just might have costs
- that the IFR of Covid is around 0.2%, not 9% FFS!
- the (real!) Precautionary Principle might be relevant here
- unvaccinated people aren’t scum, and shouldn’t be banished and denied care
- respiratory viruses spread via smoke-like aerosols and so get real on masks!
- Trump having mentioned an early treatment does not mean it doesn’t work
- long term data might be a good idea before coercing something on billions of people
- civil rights, free expression, informed consent, and bodily autonomy might be worth preserving